Listen to our Saturday morning talk show, "The Alternative Medicine Show " hosted by Derrick Walker, Pam Michaels and Tawnia Remmell"
Saturday Mornings, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 Noon.
Alternative Health Summit 2006
Click Here for More Info
|Alternative Healthcare Network » Marketplace » Organic Farming (6)
- The Community Alliance with Family Farmers (7 hits) - The Community Alliance with Family Farmers is building a movement of rural and urban people to foster family-scale agriculture that cares for the land, sustains local economies and promotes social justice.
- Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association (5 hits) - Based on a series of lectures given by Austrian philosopher Rudolf Steiner in 1924, Biodynamics is a method of agriculture which seeks to actively work with the health-giving forces of nature. It is the oldest non-chemical agricultural movement, predating the organic agriculture movement by some twenty years and has now spread throughout the world.
The Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association (BDA), a non-profit organization open to the public, was formed in the U.S. in 1938 in order to foster, guide, and safeguard the Biodynamic method of agriculture.
The activities of the Association include:
conferences, workshops, and seminars
publishing and distributing literature
advising farmers and gardeners.
- Occidental Arts and Ecology Center (5 hits) - OAEC is an 80-acre organic farm and educational center in Sonoma County. OAEC works in support of ecological agriculture, watershed restoration, food crop and wildlands biodiversity, and grassroots democracy.
- Ecological Farming Association (4 hits) - The EFA is dedicated to the ecologically-based food systems by: Informing farmers about sustainable practices, educating consumers and policy-makers, and promoting alliances with individuals and organizations.
- Beyond Pesticides (3 hits) - Beyond Pesticides (formerly National Coalition Against the Misuse of Pesticides), working with allies to protect public health and environment, is leading the transition to a world free of toxic pesticides. The founders, who established Beyond Pesticides as a nonprofit membership organization in 1981, felt that without the existence of such an organized, national network, local, state and national pesticide policy would become, under chemical industry pressure, increasingly unresponsive to public health and environmental concerns.
- California Certified Organic Farmers (3 hits) - The primary certification and trade association for the organic industry in California.
« Previous • Pg 1 • Next »Click here to submit a link to this category.